We are living in a critical time for the future of our planet. What we do in the next 50 years will have a significant impact on the quality of life and biodiversity of our species. It’s a collective mission.
Can you imagine, as an educator, being able to shape the leaders and guardians of this future through your work? Presenting, with the help of living examples, all the possibilities for education, awareness, and action for leaders and guardians of species and biomes that are so vital for life here?
In fact, they have turned this thought into action in the form of three playful journeys, full of adventure and discovery, with interactive missions designed for students in early childhood, elementary, and high school cycles.
Our school visits are structured based on the guidelines of various international committees, such as WAZA (World Association of Zoos and Aquariums), ALPZA (Latin American Association of Zoos and Aquariums), AZAB (Association of Zoos and Aquariums of Brazil), and IZE (International Zoo Educators Association).
By expanding the themes and topics of these non-formal activities,
we can assist with your lesson plans, blending learning
and development objectives, always in the context of the students' daily lives.
We have an exclusive project for school visits to BioParque
do Rio, with the following information:
Leaders in the Field!
Middle and High School students are already facing the first challenges of their maturation, along with opportunities to become Conservation Leaders. The school visit for this segment provides tools for this:
we will teach about three major animal groups (Birds, Reptiles, and Mammals), the importance of biodiversity for ecosystem balance, and present possible actions to conserve the environment, making children true conservation leaders, aware of their actions.
Adventure Route: Kings of the Jungle / Asians / Carnivores / Little Farm / Primate Island / Cerrado / Savanna / Tropical Immersion / Reptile Village.
Pack your backpack, enthusiasm, and curiosity and come
with our team to discover the thematic grids we have prepared!
1) We serve from Tuesday to Thursday, except holidays, for pedagogical school visits;
2) We accommodate groups of up to 50 students per time slot, with time slots at 9:00 AM, 10:30 AM, 1:00 PM, and 3:00 PM;
3) 01 teacher is complimentary for every 15 students on pedagogical school visits;
4) Price: R$ 42 per person (no discounts for half-price or student tickets on pedagogical school visits);
5) Registration confirmation is subject to availability;
6) BioParque do Rio also offers regular individual school visits without guidance;
7) In this format, we serve from Monday to Sunday, every day, between 9:00 AM and 3:30 PM;
8) 01 teacher is complimentary for every 20 students on regular individual school visits without guidance;
9) Prices are R$23.50 (half-price ticket) and R$47 (full-price ticket) for regular individual school visits without guidance.
10) Half-Price Tickets: Individuals aged 3 to 21 and seniors (60 years and older) – must present an original photo ID;
11) Students: Must present a valid student ID with a photo or an active enrollment declaration and an original photo ID;
12) Young people with low income, aged 15 to 29: Must present the “ID Jovem” (Youth ID) and an original photo ID;
13) PWD (Persons with Disabilities): PWD are entitled to half-price tickets and must present a document indicating the disability. If the presence of a companion is necessary, they are also entitled to half-price tickets;
14) Public School Teachers in the Municipality of Rio de Janeiro: Must present their payslip at the ticket booth;
15) We have themed itineraries for different school levels (early childhood education, elementary school, middle school, and high school) for pedagogical school visits;
16) Schools registered for school visits are entitled to exclusive discounts at food & beverage points, photo services, and souvenir shops;
17) Transportation and meals are the responsibility of the school;
18) These conditions apply to both private and public schools, except for municipal schools in the city of Rio de Janeiro. School visits from municipal schools in the city of Rio de Janeiro should send their registration request by email to [email protected] and will receive instructions there. This email should be from the domain rioeduca.net;
19) We have social visits for NGOs and their social projects: Non-Governmental Organizations are non-profit organizations, formally constituted and autonomous, characterized by actions of solidarity in the field of public policies and by the legitimate exercise of political pressures on behalf of populations excluded from citizenship. Registration is available at https://form.jotform.com/212213756330648;
20) School visits for students accompanied by schools directly at the park’s ticket booth without prior reservation confirmation will not be accepted. This is because, following strict safety regulations, our capacity for attendance is dimensioned to serve pre-scheduled school groups. Any insistence by the school or organizing institution will not be accepted, as we do not compromise on safety under any circumstances. Therefore, we offer advance scheduling through this channel for visit organization, to provide a good experience for visitors, and to ensure a safe visitation operation.
1) Upon arrival, please gather your group: in front of the “Dom Pedro Gate” or near the trees on the avenue. Go to the ticket booth and request your registration under the school’s and/or institution’s name;
2) Complimentary policy: BioParque do Rio – 01 teacher complimentary for every 15 students on guided pedagogical school visits, or 01 person complimentary for every 20 paying visitors on regular individual school visits without guidance. Policies valid by prior appointment.
3) Tickets issued by the ticket booth must be checked and verified upon receipt. We will not address complaints afterwards.
4) BioParque do Rio is located in the city center, where traffic can be quite heavy at certain times. Therefore, we recommend that schools arrive 30 minutes before the scheduled time.
5) Please notify the commercial department as soon as possible in case of changes in the number of people present on the school visit, remembering that this information is vital to expedite ticket and/or turnstile procedures, allowing your students to enjoy our circuits more comfortably.
6) The use of flash or any lighting by the group during the circuit is not allowed, as it can negatively affect the animals.
7) In BioParque do Rio, it is not allowed to touch and/or feed the animals.
8) In BioParque do Rio, picnicking and the use of collective items such as coolers are not allowed. Students can bring their individual snacks.
9) In BioParque do Rio, the meeting point between the school and our educational biologist will be just after the turnstile. Our educational biologists wear uniforms with dark green shirts, and our operations team wears uniforms with orange shirts.
10) We ask, if possible, that there are no students from different school years within the same group/subgroup. If this is not possible, please inform the commercial department which school year our educational biologist should emphasize in the pedagogical content.
11) There will be a reduction and/or adaptation of the itinerary in case of delays on the part of the school. Therefore, we reiterate our request for the school to arrive at least 30 minutes before the scheduled start of the visit. Please note that our visit lasts 1 hour and 30 minutes with guidance.
12) Our visitation time does not include a snack break; therefore, it is up to the school to decide whether to have it before or after the agreed-upon start time of the visit.
13) Always walk within the circuit, alongside the group.
14) Our educational biologist always leads the group on pedagogical school visits;
15) Additional instructions related to the visitation circuit and the activity will be provided to the group by our educational biologist on the day of the pedagogical school visit or by email, along with the confirmation for regular individual school visits without guidance;
16) If the rules are not followed, our educational biologist may terminate the school visit before the contracted time on the pedagogical school visit;
17) If you are not the person who will be present during the school visit, we kindly ask that this information be relayed to the person who will be present. This greatly helps during the operation and makes the experience more comfortable for students or children and other individuals present on the visit.
The best part about all these knowledge journeys is that it can start now!
We have a specialized customer service team waiting to suggest the best date and time for you, teacher, and your classes.
The booking and scheduling process is fast and 100% online, and you’ll arrive here on the chosen day ready for 1 hour and 30 minutes in this unique space in Rio de Janeiro, where education, research, conservation, leisure, entertainment, and culture thrive.